annawhittaker

Sunday, May 01, 2005

college

This year I am going to Corban college in Salem OR. Im really excited and am starting to get nervous. For many reasons. One I will be away from everything I know, two, I have to get SHOTS! turns out when you are homeschooled, you arent required by law to have all your immunizations updated. But then when you go to a college, they like you to be shot. I need about 3 or 4 boosters and updates. AHHH... I dont like shots. Oh well, Im a big girl, right? Then when you go to college you have to have some way of paying for it. Most colleges that my friends went to were not that expencive. But me? no... I had to choose a very expencive college, 25,000 a year expencive. WOW, thats a lot. Thankfully, I am poor white trash and can get quite a few grants. so far I have ABOUT 10,000 in grants and scholorships. now I only owe 15,000 to the bank or what ever loan agency I choose. oy! a word of advice to all you freshmen in high school, SAVE NOW!! College is not that far off. Put 50 dollars of every paycheck youget from now on into a saving account and then that will help a little bit. Well, I am very hungary right now. Going to quiznos! Bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home