annawhittaker

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's been a while blogger...

Well, we meet again Blogger. It's been a while. I'd forgotten about you. Now I think I'll try to use you more. My life is very different then when I last wrote. I'm no longer with Tony. I have a baby. I'm getting married in 2 weeks. I moved out of Boise, and then back again. I don't have a job, (except the best job, being a mom). Let's start with the baby. I found out I was pregnant on May 26th, 2011. We weren't trying to get pregnant, it was definitely and "oops". But I was happy. I still am happy. We found out it was a boy at the end of August and then we moved from Palm Desert CA, to Boise ID. The drive should have taken about 20 hours... ended up taking 34 hours. Not as fun as it sounds when you're 19 weeks pregnant. We took a wrong road that used up 2 hours. We had 2 tires blow out. We slept in the truck when we couldn't find a hotel. And at the end of it, our feet and ankles we SO swollen, it was awful. But we made it to Boise, safe and sound. Then as I'm talking about what OB to go to, what hospital to go to, all these important baby questions, a good friend of mine says she had both her babies out of the hospital and at a birthing center. WHAT!? Out of the hospital!? It didn't take much to convince me that being in a hospital was not the right place for me. An epidural scared me more than the pains of labor. So, Danny and I went to the birthing center, we took a WONDERFUL birthing class and I was able to labor and birth without any medication or interventions and bring Hollis Rowan into the world ON his EDD, 8.3 pounds, 22.5 inches long. We started nursing right away and we're still going 19 months later.

Next new thing in my life.... I'm getting married in 2 weeks! Yes, on September 22, 2013 I will be saying those sacred words. Betting half my shit that I'll be with Danny for the rest of my life. I think it's a good bet to make. We've had some trials and tribulations, but we've come out better for it. He is a wonderful man. Kind, caring, strong, passionate, strong-willed, thick-headed, loving, stubborn, handsome, and best of all, he loves his two boys with everything in him. We're planning a back-yard BBQ potluck wedding. Small, family only ceremony. Then a big BBQ party after with friends and family. Pretty excited. The backyard is still a mess, but I don't think it will be too hard to clean it up. I'm making decorations, we've got hay bales for some seating, we have christmas lights and tiki torches for lighting, paper lanterns for a lovely glow.... I'm really excited to see it all done. Just gotta get a minister. That's not THAT important right? :)

Ok, well, that's all you get for now. Hollis has been asleep for an awfully long time, I think I should make sure he's still breathing.

Until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home